About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
I am retired and loving it. I have a wonderful husband of 55 years. We have 3 awesome children, 7 fabulous grandchildren and 8 incredibly precious great-grandchildren. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, card making, tatting, X stitching and quilling. My winters in Minnesota are spent mostly indoors while in the summer my husband and I spend quality time on our Harley enjoying the beautiful scenery in our area. I hate to cook, love anything sweet and have mixed feelings about exercising.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

RIP Aunt Marie


WOW it’s been a whole month since I posted anything.  Time goes by so quickly.
Our dear Aunt Marie passed a few days ago.  I thought I’d share this card I made for her family.   She was a very special lady and will be missed by many.
I made the cross with quilling strips and the flower was punched out of the background paper.  The center is a quilled rose. It looks a little odd because the back of the paper was white.  
 

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and so suitable for the occasion. So sorry for your loss. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Joan it is a beautiful card - perfect for such a sad occasion. Hope 2013 is a better year for you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card -- love that cross. Sorry for your loss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of card is so difficult to make, but you have done a beautiful one here. I love the cross and your flower is perfect. The background paper makes the cross just shine. I'm sure your family was so appreciative of the beauty of this card and the sentiment expressed. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss Joan. You made your family a wonderful card. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete