About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
I am retired and loving it. I have a wonderful husband of 55 years. We have 3 awesome children, 7 fabulous grandchildren and 8 incredibly precious great-grandchildren. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, card making, tatting, X stitching and quilling. My winters in Minnesota are spent mostly indoors while in the summer my husband and I spend quality time on our Harley enjoying the beautiful scenery in our area. I hate to cook, love anything sweet and have mixed feelings about exercising.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Paper Takes Its Tole

As everyone in the card making business knows, a challenge is meant to challenge you. This week my former good friend (Just kidding Judy) was the creator of this week’s challenge.  Needless to say not all of us have the talents and abilities Judy has.  I am among the masses that look at her creations and say “I wish I could do that”. 
This week Judy and The Mod Squad Challenge Blog  http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/
challenged us to do a PAPER TAKES ITS TOLE card.
I struggled for three days with this challenge and despite my best efforts could not come up with anything as beautiful as Judy’s sample card.  Never the less I persevered and this if my card.
Thanks Judy for the challenge and inspiration.
Ps: I was trying so hard to do Judy’s challenge justice I glued my entire card upside down. But it’s okay Judy, you’re still my friend :-)
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, whew!!! I'm so glad we are still friends..lol. You had me worried for a minute...haha. I absolutely LOVE this card. Your flower is stunning, I can't stop looking at it. It truly is beautiful. You sell yourself very short, my friend. You totally did this challenge justice....thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know anyone who wants an upside down card..lol. Thanks for the lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Judy - love this card. Great take on the 'Tole' challenge. You mastered it beautifully. Love that die as it is so versatile - a keeper for sure. Love the layers you achieved Joan. Really lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ina,
      I like that die also but when I turned it the side points were off my card. I cut off the points and glued them farther in so they would fit. I make more work for myself sometimes. But I have to say I enjoy it so that's all that really counts.

      Delete
  3. Believe me you are not the only one who has ever done this. I love your card and I must use that die again. It looks great on your card. Great flower too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      I haven't glued a card upside down in years. I truly was focused on trying to make it all work and paying no attention what so ever to the inside. Thanks looking and commenting on my card.

      Delete
  4. I think it is lovely! I glued a card backwards at Christmas and then I just sent it with a note inside to a left handed family member :)

    ReplyDelete