About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
I am retired and loving it. I have a wonderful husband of 55 years. We have 3 awesome children, 7 fabulous grandchildren and 8 incredibly precious great-grandchildren. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, card making, tatting, X stitching and quilling. My winters in Minnesota are spent mostly indoors while in the summer my husband and I spend quality time on our Harley enjoying the beautiful scenery in our area. I hate to cook, love anything sweet and have mixed feelings about exercising.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Tatting/Flowers

The Mod Squad challenge http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/ for this week was to use a flower as your focal point.  It's been over a year since I did any tatting so I decided to add that to my background.  My friend Judy encouraged me to do it even though I'd forgotten some of the basics. All the papers I used were created on my computer.  The beautiful flowered piece is a Gina K freebie.  Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. I saw you 2 chatting about this, so glad you listened to Judy....I find it's best just to do so LOL This is gorgeous, doesn't look like you missed a beat, VERY pretty! Such a beautiful delicate card, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is beautiful. I didn't know what tatting was. It looks like crochet:-) Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning Joan! Glad you dusted off your tatting needle, you always do such a gorgeous job. Sorry I dropped the ball with our little side challenge. As you know, I have been rather busy and just threw a couple of things together today. Your colors are just beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy,
      If I could throw a couple of things together and come up with gorgeous cards like you did, I'd be ONE HAPPY CAMPER!

      Delete
  4. My jaw has just dropped to the ground lol. Joan this is simply amazing beautiful and so stunning. I love all the tatting you have done here those pretty flowers your background paper - well it is all so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina, It had been so long since I did any tatting I had to read how to begin. Once it came back I remembered why I liked doing it so much. Thanks again for the lovely comment.

      Delete