Not all cards are a success on the first try. Yesterday’s challenge on The Mod Squad Challenge Blog was to make a card using 3 colors from a color wheel. I decided to use pink, green & yellow and try my hand using acetate. Needless to say my card was NOT a total success. I used Spectrum Noir pens and Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution to create my background acetate sheet. Then I lightly stamped a butterfly to the background using StazOn. Not a total success but passable. Then I stamped two butterflies on white cardstock also with StazOn. I have never colored anything with Spectrum Noir pens and StazOn before. As most of you know I almost always use a digi stamp and printer ink. When I colored my butterflies the StazOn bled into the Spectrum Noir ink. I don’t know if that would always be the case or if it was the paper I used. The StazOn was dry so I don’t know what I could have done differently. With all that said I’m still entering the card so in the future, hopefully, I will see an improvement. http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Minnesota, United States
- I am retired and loving it. I have a wonderful husband of 54 years. We have 3 awesome children, 7 fabulous grandchildren and 8 incredibly precious great-grandchildren. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, card making, jewelry making, stitching and quilling. My winters in Minnesota are spent mostly indoors while in the summer my husband and I spend quality time on our Harley enjoying the beautiful scenery in our area. I hate to cook, love anything sweet and have mixed feelings about exercising.