This week on Mod Squad Challenge Blog http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/ we were asked to make our own background paper using stamps.
Today I went into my craft room to do some much needed cleaning and I spotted a flower just sitting there all on its own. Wham…I had an idea. Not any idea but a fantastic idea. The kind you can’t put off while you clean or you might forget it.
My idea was to use the flower for this week’s challenge. First I made my stamped background. I couldn’t believe it. First try and I loved it. It was as close to perfect as humanly possible. The neighbor’s probably felt the vibrations from me doing my happy dance. Next I fussy cut the flower…so far so good. Then I made the greeting and the brackets for hanging it. The brackets looked a little too thin so I made a second set and glued them together. Have you ever tried to glue a tiny thin cutout to a piece of tiny cutout card stock? It’s really hard (but helped)….so I thought, why not do the same to the greeting. Wham…another idea….glue the backing to the thin paper before you cut it out. (Sure wish I had thought of that when I did the brackets.) Fast forward….Everything is done and ready to be glued down. I started at the top intending to work my way down. I glued down my greeting and of course it wasn’t in the center. I tried very carefully to remove it but it tore my beautiful background paper. Since I wasn’t about to start over I did my best to conceal it. I wet the paper so the ink would run a little and stamped a few new dots in the area. My background is no longer (almost) perfect but I still had fun and think it’s lovely. Oh….and the craft room…still needs cleaning. TFL