About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
I am retired and loving it. I have a wonderful husband of 55 years. We have 3 awesome children, 7 fabulous grandchildren and 8 incredibly precious great-grandchildren. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, card making, tatting, X stitching and quilling. My winters in Minnesota are spent mostly indoors while in the summer my husband and I spend quality time on our Harley enjoying the beautiful scenery in our area. I hate to cook, love anything sweet and have mixed feelings about exercising.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

This week on Mod Squad Challenge Blog http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/ we were asked to make a card using the theme LOVE IS IN THE AIR.
For my card I used a Tiddly Ink image colored with Spectrum Noir pens. When I color an image I always start with the hair & face.  Those are the two areas I struggle the most with.  Last night I did a really pretty face but horrible hair so today I colored a second image.  I did the hair first and was pleased with the result and then the face.  I have a new Epson printer and the ink ran on her face.  Needless to say I was not happy but finished the image anyway. Heat drying probably helps but it also curls the paper.   Does anyone have a suggestion for removing printer ink that runs?


3 comments:

  1. She's super sweet! Love the colors and your layout. How cute is that Valentine Banner she is holding? :) Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this card is just so YOU!! You always use such beautiful, soft colors and sweet images. And I LOVE that heart border and the way you wove the ribbon through. Great design, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at
    Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable Joan. Again another beauty with such softness and amazing colouring.

    ReplyDelete