About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
I am retired and loving it. I have a wonderful husband of 55 years. We have 3 awesome children, 7 fabulous grandchildren and 8 incredibly precious great-grandchildren. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, card making, tatting, X stitching and quilling. My winters in Minnesota are spent mostly indoors while in the summer my husband and I spend quality time on our Harley enjoying the beautiful scenery in our area. I hate to cook, love anything sweet and have mixed feelings about exercising.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

SSS Something New

My something new is alcohol ink on photo paper framed with a new square die. I also tried some new alcohol lift ink with a snowflake stamp on the background piece but I couldn't get it to work. The recommended alcohol is 90% and I only had 70% so I have a much more subtle pattern.  I think it's worth continuing to practice.  Hopefully the next one will be even prettier.
Entered here:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan! I love the elegance the simplicity of this card brings with a burst of pretty Colors in the background. The Snowflakes look gorgeous against white. ❤️ Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Happy New Year. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the non-traditional colors and the simplicity of design. You have such an eye for that, my friend!

    ReplyDelete